Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"It was all a dream"...Until I woke up.

Dear dreamers,

A dream is nothing but a mere image of what reality could be without labor implemented...you have to work for its' attained existence. I began this summer with a list of goals to attain. I knew what I wanted out of it and ended up receiving way more than I expected. I was introduced to you as a poet. I refrained from posting anything personal onto the blog for a chance to have you read my poetry without any form of bias or relation to the person I am. Well, to be honest with you my life is somewhat chaotic. It's a compilation of four seperate lives and I'm still trying to find ways to maintain my sanity amidst this overwhelming abundance of responsibility. I'm a songwriter and singer who has just recently signed with Sesac for publishing and songwriting credits, recently hired by "Supreme Magazine" and it's sub-par "Hip Hop 365" as an interviewer/host/writer, began my last semester of nursing school for my second degree, i'm putting together my book of poetry, and just became a new member of the Ivey League in one summer. I went from listening to illmatic (my favorite hip hop album of all time) since as far back as I can remember, to having my first official interview for the magazine with Nas this past month. I am a prime example of how life gives you opportunities and struggles simultaneously. There will be days that seem unbearable and days that are pleasantly surreal. Through it all, we will prevail. God didn't make us weak, we make ourselves that way by allowing ourselves to believe in incapabilities. As long as we recognize that, we can recognize that our capabilities are limitless. The key: Dream->Work->Live without regret->Happiness. Stay true to yourself. Amongst all this chaos...I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life and I'm ecstatic about sharing the progress with you sporadically. Until then, I'll continue with the poetry.

Love always,
Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment