Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Regrets (Love Lost)

Search warrants fill our vacant room
Gone too soon
I yearn for proof
Evidence that you still exist in this gloom
Ill from missing you while you’re immune
Seasons pass as I can’t decipher December from June
All simultaneous in this dark with no moon
Your shine is extinct and my heart is doomed
Hell on earth couldn’t compare to my tragedy
Sacrifice my body in this war as a casualty
Suffered on the carpet as tears penetrated in the rugs that speak
To the walls that scream back at them like a banshee
Missing person’s reports couldn’t bring you back to me
And can’t you see my mouth as it pours and bleeds
The bite marks on my tongue from my delayed speech
The words that were held captive in my second guessing
Entrapped arms that longed to be free to reach
Out to intertwine with yours amongst this breach
Please
I’m exhausted with this game of hide and seek
Ignorantly lost you in my memory
Left to love you through these regrets I keep

No comments:

Post a Comment