Thursday, May 6, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

What was your inspiration?

Real talk? I was sitting at work, and I was thinking to myself ‘I am missing something’. There was a void…then it hit me, College. We really used to get it in… (Laughs). I’m just trying to be honest...I really miss that shit. And the crazy part about it is that I am still in that good-time mindset, but I am not in college anymore. Oh, but I’m still yelling

“Lets get a couple drinks in us, matter fact get a bottle ‘tron’s what were sippin’ thennnn”

Hahaha….like…I drank patron then in the bars, and now I just drink it in the club…same goals…different arena. Ha.

The beats dope too, what made you take this approach?

Well, my nephew made this beat. Like I said, when I was at work I was reminiscing, and the chorus came to me. So once I stepped out the office, I hit him up and told him the concept. I just told him ‘Go ahead walk wit it…do whatever you want to with it.’ Oh yeah, this dudes 15 in the tenth grade...whaddup Zel. He's really on that “youngin’ on his grind” shit…but yeah, he comes back like a week later, and I was like, ‘this is tough’…so I went to the studio, and spit. Its like “Just Say Yeah” meets “I Love College” meets me…you know?

Tre DeJean - Just Wanna
http://limelinx.com/files/19e061f95cb08d90760aba2f5419358b

No comments:

Post a Comment