Friday, May 28, 2010

Pow Pow


I remember wishing as a kid I could be a famous actor or model because the life just looked so easy. But to my lovely surprise, turns out acting or modeling is not half as interesting as being behind the scenes. I'll admit: it's pretty fabulous being behind the lens snapping pictures of friends and strangers doing whatever it is they do. And judging from the collectors item archive of photographs I have at my mom's house, it must be said that life's been pretty good. As I write this I'm enjoying a classy beverage and relishing at great memories. I guess that blog entry I read the other day was right...'the high ISO life is sooooo glamorous.' I’ve traveled to Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Caribbean and got to do the 1thing I love: taking lifestyle pictures and receiving the gift of being let into people's lives. Along the way from being a 12 year-old with a Walgreens disposable to using digital cameras, I realized photography is very F-ing cool (sorry I don't really cuss) and being a photographer is rockstar-esque...right? I hope what I do can be considered "art" one day. But then again...I'll just keep doing what I do and do what I does. Now that's the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment