Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Success

I yearn for you
Often wake up in the middle of the night with cold sweats
Wish upon a star one, two, three times to hope it’s been taken into consideration
Prayed on my hands and knees until they’ve bled for you on a daily basis
Your equivalency could be close to our perception of heaven
From the day I could understand complex concepts
I’ve said I’d earn you time and time again
That I’d attain you as a whole before my last breath
My desire is not correlated with fire
My comparison is oxygen
Yes it’s an obsession
A longing to live
Without setting it on this pedestal, existence would be meaningless
“Time” is of the “essence”
At least that’s what these magazines said
The media’s ideal way to allow you to survive alone on compost from the shit people are fed
I will never conform to propaganda, But I won’t let you die, I promise
Not after I:
Bent over backwards
Shed the most humbling tears
Felt like my heart was ripped out my chest
Faced greater than half of my fears
Spent days without rest
Dedicated all of my years
Every single accomplishment
I owe it to you my dear
I’ve only had you in bits
But I search for you by the chunks and sift through this world of opportunistic mess
To redundantly find you to be “the one”
Enduring all that is left in my right mind to design a plan and move ahead
I’m getting closer to you
I can see, taste, hear, feel, and smell you…Makes perfect sense
The main thing I fight to love for is
Success










:Sonya


-The Ivey League

No comments:

Post a Comment