Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wake Up!

Hmmm...where to begin...

Life, in its simplest form, is the most complicated experience I have ever endured. Throughout the last year, I had been through so many ups and downs that I had no clue where to where to go, what to do, or how to change my situation. I became blinded by my condition, and in turn, lost myself...in myself. Pain and frustration caused me to become stagnant to the point that it almost consumed me.
Then, one day I woke up.

I can't tell you where the light came from, or where I was, but when I recognized "it", everything made sense. I realized that the things I was pursuing were not in my heart. And while they were socially accepted, or even highly regarded, they just weren't me. For some, that works, and I am not knocking that...but I am way too passionate about life to be unaffected by the wrong path. So, I decided to change. And here I am...still stressed, still frustrated, still experiencing life. The only difference is, I am happy.
Finally, I realize that we all go through things. There are a million bumps and bruises in this lifetime. You can't avoid every detour. You may not win every time. But when you have a vision that you are passionate about, those trials become trivial.
So this is me, honestly. And I am ready for whatever.


If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.- Andrew Carnegie

2 comments: