Wednesday, June 23, 2010

T.M.I.

If you know me, you know how I feel about music. And if we're close enough, I have probably put you on to something new (your welcome haha). Yesterday, MejaLOOK and I went to the Brooklyn Bowl to check out Dame Dash's new label; Blu Roc, basically introduce themselves to the world as a whole. The lineup was as follows: Camp Lo, Tabi Bonney, Rugz D. Bewler, Snakes Say Hiss, Stalley, Nesby Phips, The London Souls, Big K.R.I.T., Smoke DZA, Trademark Da Skydiver, and Curren$y. OH, and lets not forget the Sensei's; the Blu Roc in-house band that killed everything!

This concert didn't make me think music is amazing,...I already knew that. It did however, give me insight to how much better the music becomes when surrounded by individuals who appreciate it as much as I do. Then, there is nothing better.

(okay, ill get to the point)

I have decided that I've been selfish, and for that, I am sorry. Although I share my musical taste with my close friends, there are waaay more people in the world than my friends. And I'm assuming there are waaay more people who appreciate the music that I like. Why? Because the music I like is dope...duh. So, from now on, I will feature a mixtape every week, and give a review of what to look for.

Here's the kick: If I do this, and you decided to download it, you have to promise to LISTEN to it. No, you can't press play and get on the phone, or scramble through the songs to hear a familiar track, or listen to it while watching your favorite sitcom. None of that will work. You have to listen to the music for its content. If you can't, and decide it's not for you, don't worry...you weren't my type anyway haha. But for those who feel me, I promise to give my best.

-Oh yeah, and the concert was CRAZY. Thank you Dame for continuing to progress. You are providing some of the best energy I have seen in a while...you obviously still got some shit with you. (To understand what I am talking about, check out http://www.creativecontrol.tv/www/ )


And here's a very short, uncut clip from the concert...just a taste (no woah), more to come (no woah) haha:




Thanks for listening.
Sincerely,

Me

Oh...and I know I don't know everything. I am not above being "put-on". So, if you have any music for me, make my day. SEND IT PLEASE email address is located at the top of the page...

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for the "put onnnnnn". - Ng :D

    ReplyDelete